|Shawnee Mtn Bike Association|
|We are trying to
accomplish great things here in Southern Illinois. SMBA is a non-profit
organization founded in 1993 by a few dedicated cyclists that wanted to make
certain there was a future for mountain biking in the Shawnee. Please register
in the Forum to receive the SMBA newsletters.||
- Work with the Shawnee National Forest
personnel to develop and maintain quality
- Bring together cyclists that have a common
interest in trail stewardship and advocacy.
- Work with other trail users, such as equestrians
and hikers to improve the trail experience in the
Shawnee National Forest.
- Promote responsible mountain biking through
adopting the International Mountain Biking
Association's (IMBA) rules of the trail.
- Organize events that increase awareness
of mountain biking in the Shawnee.