We are trying to accomplish great things here in Southern Illinois. SMBA is a non-profit organization founded in 1993 by a few dedicated cyclists that wanted to make certain there was a future for mountain biking in the Shawnee.
- Work with the Shawnee National Forest personnel to develop and maintain quality trails.
- Bring together cyclists that have a common interest in trail stewardship and advocacy.
- Work with other trail users, such as equestrians and hikers to improve the trail experience in the Shawnee National Forest.
- Promote responsible mountain biking through adopting the International Mountain Biking Association’s (IMBA) rules of the trail.
- Organize events that increase awareness of mountain biking in the Shawnee.